This MGID review 2023 for Publishers, reviews key functional features and services that will answer some common MGID FAQs about the sign up process, MGID Ads, MGID payment methods and payout procedure, and other MGID publishers options…. At the end of this MGID review, you should be able to make up your mind whether to start, continue or quit publishing with MGID. This MGID review is independent and this website is not owned by MGID neither is this review an outright endorsement of MGID services but rather an analytical look into MGID as a sponsored content advertising platform for web publishers.
MGID Ad Network Review 2023
MGID was founded in 2004 and is a privately held online sponsored ad network company. Their headquarters are in 1149 Third Street #210,Santa Monica, CA, 90403.
|Expert Rating:||4.3/5.0 ★★★★★|
|Contact:||24/7 Phone, Chat, Twitter, and Email Support, Extensive Online Help Center and Ticketing System.|
|Phone Number:||+1 424 322 8059|
MGID Publishers Review
For web publishers (bloggers, website owners, …) MGID Ads are a great way to monetize your website or blog. Each time a visitor to your website clicks on the MGID Ads, you earn some money from the clicks and also from the conversions.
For publishers interested in sponsored content advertisementing. MGID publishers platform reports an average RPM of $1-3 with no capping. Advertisements have a 100% worldwide fill rate and can be shown on all devices and locations. Publishers who are familiar with Google AdSense or other display ad networks will likely find familiar territory in MGID publishers platform, with similar functionality and options available; only that MGID offers sponsored content ads rather than just displaying general ads.
Many MGID publishers can blend their MGID ads with those of Google AdSense; which is accepted by both Google AdSense and MGID so long as you differentiate the two Ads appearances.
MGID Requirements for Publishers
The MGID Requirements for Publishers are not as tight as other sponsored ad networks like Taboola or Outbrain that require you to have huge traffic on your sites. Below are the basic MGID requirements for publishers looking to join:
- Traffic Minimum: 3,000 Unique Visits per day
- Publisher Language Requirement: Primarily English, though ads can be used on pages in other languages with prior written consent from MGID.
- Prohibited Publisher Content: MGID reserves the right to refuse service to any website. Though most legal websites are excepted, those with excessive profanity, illicit drugs, pornography, gambling, and hacking/cracking are not. Furthermore, use is restricted for sites that sell alcohol, counterfeit/stolen items, prescription drugs, tobacco, body parts/fluids, hazardous substances, weaponry, explosives, ammunition, and fireworks. Websites that contain offensive propaganda or promote hate, violence, and racial intolerance are also banned. Finally, websites that contain manipulative content or construction to improve search engine rankings are also not allowed.
MGID Approval Process
MGID approval process is manual meaning after applying to join MGID as a publisher you will have to wait for them to review your website. The review process takes about 2-5 days after-which you are notified via email whether your application has been accepted or declined. When approved to MGID program, you will be able to start promoting their ads as soon as you sign up. As long as you don’t violate any of their publisher terms listed below, you should have no problem entering and staying within the network.
MGID vs AdSense
When it comes to advertising for publishers when we compare MGID vs AdSense, there is clearly a huge gap between the two publishers networks.
Can you use MGID Ads and Google AdSense Ads together? The answer is yes. You can show both MGID and AdSense ads on the same page. As AdSense states, if you choose to do so, then you should ensure that the two Ads are clearly distinct. How you do it depends on your ingenuity.
In terms of earnings and revenue share there is no doubt that AdSense is far much superior to MGID. The MGID CPM rates,… are lower than the AdSense rates.
MGID vs Adnow
When it comes to sponsored content advertising for publishers, comparing MGID vs Adnow sounds sane as they ocupy the same niche. Below is a table comparing the two:
MGID Payment Methods & Payout Threshold
MGID payment methods vary depending on transaction type. The MGID payout threshold is $100 for PayPal and Payoneer (Prepaid Card) and the payment schedule is NET30; meaning you receive your payment on a monthly basis.
Below we take a deeper look into the available MGID payment methods once you have reached the minimum payout threshold:
- PayPal: MGID minimum payout for PayPal is USD $100 and normal PayPal transaction fees may apply.
- Payoneer Prepaid Card: MGID minimum payout for Payoneer Prepaid Card is USD $100 and with a $3.00 fee may applied.
- Payneer bank transfer (for US and non-US bank accounts): minimum payout is USD $100 and a fee of $3.00 is charged for US bank account while $15.00 is charged for non-US bank account transfers.
- Tipalti bank transfer (for US and non-US bank accounts): minimum payout is USD $1000 with no further fees charged.
- ACH bank-to-bank transfers (Beneficiary’s bank is located in USA): minimum payout is USD $1000 with no fee charged for US bank account transfers. For non-US bank account transfers, additional fees may apply by the recipient’s bank, if he/she has it installed on the receipt of funds.
- International bank-to-bank WIRE trasfers (Beneficiary’s bank is located outside USA): MGID minimum payout is USD $1000 for wire transfers with no fee charged for US bank account transfers. For non-US bank account transfers, additional fees may apply by the recipient’s bank, if he/she has it installed on the receipt of funds.
MGID earnings vary depending with each site. Websites with high Click-through Rates on the MGID ads normally record high RPM(Revenue per 1000 impressions). Below is an example of recorded MGID earnings tracked over a period of 19 months.
From the data above, you can somehow get a glimpse of MGID earnings expectations. Nonetheless as a standard, MGID publishers platform reports an average RPM of $1-3; meaning for every 1000 page views MGID ads on your website receive, you should expect earnings to a minimum of between $1-$3.
Signing up for MGID is easy. MGID sign up is free and takes less than 3 minutes. MGID reviews your website after signing up. When you get accepted into their program, you’ll need to paste the Ads HTML codes to your site for the Ads to show. There is more that you’ll learn about MGID when you are a publisher. .
How Much Does MGID Pay Per Click?
This question is often asked by most MGID publishers or those looking to join the program for te first time. However as with many ad networks out there, MGID revenues depends largely on the advertisers offers. The more your website attracts more valuable advertisers that compete for an Ad space the more you will earn. MGID earnings can start from as low as 0.05 per click or RPM rates of $1 based on many factors such as the ones illustrated above They include; CTR, impressions/page views, CPC(Cost per Click) … et cetera.
MGID Ads may vary in many ways but the ultimate result (revenue) is usually more or less the same. There are many ad formats and types you can select from. Below is an example of MGID Ads:
MGID can place MGID Ads anywhere on your website except on prohibited areas or sites. Below is a set of prohibited placements:
- MGID Widgets placements that overlay video players.
- Hidden on-click links that send users automatically to MGID advertisers landing page.
- MGID Ads Placements generating high volume of involuntary and fraud clicks
- MGID AdsPlacements on pages containing adult content
- MGID AdsPlacements on pages containing illegal downloading of files, videos, programs, games etc; straming related websites, torrents among others
- MGID Widget placed in floating blocks, that move with page scroll and/or display over website content. Or simply put, trying to force users to click on MGID ads.
MGID serves different type of Ads giving you the freedom of a choice that fits your desires. And this is one area that MGID beats her opponents like AdNow. You can always choose from the following MGID ads:
- Under Article Widget: These MGID ads widgets can be placed on a page so that they fuction like pop-unders.
- In-article widget: These MGID ads widgets as the name suggests, when placed on a page they appear within your content/article. They fuction is similar fashion to common dislay ads.
- Header widget: These MGID ads go into the header section of a website. It is always wise to avoid to many ads above the fold though especially those ones obstructing your content introduction as major search engines like Google consider them non-user friendly which may affect your search rankings on SERP. As long as you do it right, the header widget normally has higher CTR.
- Sidebar widget: You can basically display these on your sidebar in your navigation area.
- Exit pop-up Exit pop-up ads normally appear as pop-ups only when a user tries to leave your website page. Sites with higher bounce rates and/or higher exit pages should use this MGID widget but also other pages.
- Mobile site widget: As the name suggests these are widgets that show ads on mobile pages such as mobile sites or App pages.
The good thing with MGID ads is that they are easy to customize. They also come in different sizes and their Mobile widget can be used in mobile pages and Apps alike. The ads sizes are also set to adjust with the user’s device screen size ensuring that your pages adhere to the best webmaster guidelines and are user friendly.
As a rule of thumb, it is always good practice to display upto 3 ads at a given page.
Understanding MGID Revenue Reporting
MGID ads performance and revenue reporting is as simple as other data reporting platforms on other ad netwoks. Below is an example of how MGID reports your ads performance based on earnings generated.
- Page views: Each time a user views a page containing MGID Ads
- Page RPM, $: Ad revenue per thousand website impressions.
- Revenue, $: Revenue for the period selected.
You can also link MGID to your Google analytics account so as to get proper reports on your analytics page. That is where MGID will upload your cost data to in order to give you proper page to page insights of your ads performance.
Here are some of the pros of MGID web hosting service:
- Easy to Use: MGID was created with the beginner in mind. The entire service, from start to finish, is intuitive. There is no learning curve. You’ll make the most of the service the first time you use it.
- Good customer service: Available through phone or email, MGID responds to inquiries relatively rapidly, and most likely faster than some of the other advertisement networks you may have worked with. Traffic exchange networks are a dime a dozen, but MGID is a great example of what customer service should look like—for other traffic recirculating setups, it’s often nonexistent.
- Intuitive Interface: The entire design of MGID is pleasing. It’s easy to navigate and find the tools/information you’re looking for. The control panel is especially intuitive, allowing you to create great ads in no time at all.
- Low minimum payment: This network offers a comparatively low minimum payout of $50 USD with PayPal and wire transfer .
- Customized Color Scheme and Ad Placement: Most displaying advertising networks don’t give many options when it comes to placing ads. Not so with MGID. The service allows you to customize each ads color scheme as well as its placement on your website.
- Ease of integration: MGID’s widgets are simple to create, customize, and integrate into your currently existing website design.
There aren’t many cons to using MGID. Yet the display advertising network does have a few. These include its low earning potential and poor ad relevancy. We look at each of these cons in greater detail below:
- Ad relevance could be fine tuned: Ad and traffic exchange displays could be slightly better in terms of relevance. MGID displays “top internet stories” which, while attractive to many audiences, could be slightly better if you had more fine-tuning options to make the content as relevant to your audience’s interests as possible.
- Low earning potential: MGID RPM of $1-3 isn’t terrible, but most publishers should expect earnings to be on the lower end of that spectrum. Display ads through MGID and similar networks are ideal for publishers with large traffic numbers or an audience willing to engage and place clicks.
- Few payment options: It would be nice to have payment options outside of bank wires and PayPal, but to be fair these are likely the payment methods which most publishers will prefer.
Who is MGID Best For?
MGID is a decent Ads service. It’s great for:
- Sites with traffic but have not been accepted into Google AdSense
- Sites looking to increase advertising revenue by combining MGID Ads with AdSense ones.
- Sites with traffic but have been banned or suspended from Google AdSense program.
Excellent customer support is one of the factors that helps MGID stand out from the pack. It’s much easier to talk to a support team member than most other display advertising networks, including Google AdSense.
They can be contacted 24/7 via Phone, Twitter, and Email. Their response time is usually less than a minute.
Verdict on MGID
There isn’t any reason not to give MGID a chance. It can be very effective when used by the right person on the right website. Yet don’t expect it to be your savior if you were booted off of AdSense.
MGID is a smart ad network to use to complement other ad networks or to use while waiting to get approved by them. It’s quick and easy to set up so you don’t have to invest a lot of time upfront. Approval is likewise quick and just about every website will be accepted.
All in all, MGID is worth checking out. It’s one of the better alternatives to Google AdSense, although it still has a long way to go to catch up. It will be interesting to see how this particular ad network evolves in the future as its popularity increases. Click here to get started.
Don’t have a website to monetize yet? Click here to make your website today!