This Jumia Kenya review 2018, reviews key functional features and services that will answer some common Jumia Kenya FAQs about the shopping process, payment and delivery procedure, general services.... At the end of this Jumia Kenya review, you should be able to make up your mind whether to start, continue or quit shopping at Jumia Kenya online shop. This Jumia Kenya review is independent and this website is not owned by Jumia Kenya neither is this review an outright endorsement of Jumia Kenya services but rather an analytical look into Jumia Kenya as a service.
Jumia Kenya Online Shopping Review 2018
Jumia Kenya was founded in and is a privately held company by Jumia International which operates in Algeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Tunisia, and Uganda.
Jumia Kenya Products
- Phones & Tablets:
- Supermarket Products:
- Women's Fashion:
- Men's Fashion:
- Fashion Accessories:
- TVs, Audios, & Cameras:
- Home & Living
- Baby, Kids, & Toys:
- Jumia Global:
- Other Categories:
Here Jumia Kenya mainly sells; mobile phones (smart phones, 4G phones, and feature phones), tables (3G and 4G tablets and accessories), and phone accessories (like powerbanks, cases and covers, memory cards, selfie sticks, headsets, data cables, ...).
Here they sell the normal items you are so used to buying from your local grocery or supermarket. On this product category you will find items on sale such as; food, household supplies, baby products, toiletries, pet supplies, beer, wines and spirits, coffee, tea, and beverages, ... among others.
The Jumia App
Jumia Kenya Delivery and Payment
Jumia Kenya offers delivery at a fee, however on Jumia Express service in Nairobi the delivery is FREE for orders above Ksh 4000. (* Excluding large items like fridges, furniture, and the likes).
For payment of your orders on Jumia Kenya, you get the following options at checkout:
- Cash on Delivery: This option allows you to make paymets when orders you place on Jumia Kenya are delivered to you. You can offer cash at delivery or pay via Mpesa mobile wallet.
- Pay via Mobile Wallet: Mobile payments in Kenya is one of the most trusted way to pay for goods and services and Jumia has not been left behind. At checkout, just enter the PayBill/till number as adviced and make payments. You should keep your statement on your phone as proof of purchase just in case anything doesn't work out right.
- Pay with your bank card: Jumia Kenya online shopping platform is tight & secure allowing you to make payments with your bank card (credit or debit). They use SSL encryptions and other highly rated security tools in the business to ensure your card data is not accessed by anyone, not even Jumia Kenya.
After successfully placing your orders on Jumia, most deliveries are made within 24 hours within Nairobi and its surroundings while deliveries upcountry may take between 2 - days. However if you shop for items on Jumia Global, then you may have to wait upto a maximum of 30 days for your deliveries to be made from overseas to your doorstep.
Jumia Kenya Shopping Guide
Jumia Kenya Merchant Services
Jumia Kenya Advantages
Here are some of the pros of Jumia Kenya online shopping service:
- Great Value: Jumia Kenya offers competitive prices on all of their over 10 million plus product range.
- Wide Delivery Base: With sites in 3 languages, Jumia Kenya ships to over 20 countries & regions around Africa.
- Secure Platform: The Jumia Kenya online shopping platform is tight secure. They use SSL certificates and other highly rated security tools in the business that encrypt data on their website. This makes the platform very secure from online interceptions meaning no one knows any of your personal info on Jumia website.
- Safe Payment: Pay with the world’s most popular and secure payment methods.
- Strong Buyer Protection Policy: Most displaying advertising networks don’t give many options when it comes to placing ads. Not so with Jumia Kenya. The service allows you to customize each ads color scheme as well as its placement on your website.
- 24/7 Help Center: Jumia Kenya round-the-clock assistance enables a smooth shopping experience as they can be reached on various platforms including social media.
- Shop On-The-Go: If you Download the app for FREE you get the world of Jumia a touch away at your fingertips.
Jumia Kenya Limitations
There aren’t many cons to using Jumia Kenya. Yet the Kenyan online shopping mall does have a few. We look at each of these cons in greater detail below:
- Heavy Loading Website: The fact is that the Jumia Kenya website is so full of data especially images that it can really "eat your internet bundles". Because of the dynamic nature of eCommerce platform, it can really be tricky to utilize page caching as the pages keep changing to display real time data. However this appears to be solved with the Jumia App which is fun to use and consumes little internet data. The App also gives your a personalised touch making it easy to save your favorite items, carry the Jumia Kenya shop with you, ... among other things. If you do not have the App yet, why don't you download it here for FREE.
- Stock Outs: We noticed that some popular products normally run out quickly making it dificult to save for later buys.
Though we are still in the process of reviewing Jumia Kenya, should we find any other pressing issues be sure we will post it here. However you can still share your experience as a Jumia customer in the comments section below and we would be glad to read them.
Who is Jumia Kenya Best For?
Jumia Kenya is a decent online sopping service. It's great for:
- People looking to save money on shopping as Jumia Kenya products are cheaper.
- If your are the busy bee type, Jumia saves you the hustle of going into shopping malls to buy items. You just order on Jumia and it gets delivered to your doorstep.
- Folks looking to buy quality (not cheap counterfeits) products.
- If you want to enjoy quality after-sale services like item repairs, free replacements for guaranteed products,... then you should buy from Jumia Kenya online shopping mall.
Jumia Kenya Contacts
Jumia Kenya Help Center
Verdict on Jumia Kenya
There isn’t any reason not to give Jumia Kenya online shopping a try. Whether its just buying to test their praised services or downloading the Jumia App on your phone. Jumia has lots of rewards for shoppers and new users alike. They are a reputable and legit service worth a shot.
All in all, Jumia Kenya is worth checking out. It’s one of the better alternatives to buying products from abroad through online shopping giants like Amazon and eBay where orders can take lots of time to arrive plus you miss out on the highly rated after-sale services like repairs, home delivery, ... et cetera offered by Jumia Kenya.