What is Covered in this Heart Internet review?
- Heart Internet Shared Hosting Review
- Heart Internet VPS Hosting Review
- Heart Internet Dedicated Servers Review
- Heart Internet Pros and Cons
- Heart Internet Webmail
- Heart Internet Control Panel
Our Heart Internet Review Objective
This Heart Internet review 2018, reviews key web hosting features, plans, and current Heart Internet discount deals. At the end of this Heart Internet review, you should be able to make up your mind whether to start or continue hosting your website with Heart Internet. This Heart Internet review is independent and this website is not owned by Heart Internet neither is this review an outright endorsement of Heart Internet services but rather an analytical look into Heart Internet as a web hosting provider.
Heart Internet Hosting Review 2018
Heart Internet was founded in 2004. They currently host thousands of websites around the world with headquarters in Nottingham, England. A subsidiary of UK based hosting and domain registration company Host Europe Group since 2011, Heart Internet is one of the largest UK based web-hosts.
|Heart Internet Review|
|Lowest Plan Price:||£2.66/mo|
|Expert Rating:||4.9/5.0 ★★★★★|
|Contact:||24/7 Phone, Chat, Twitter, and Email Support, Extensive Online Help Center and Ticketing System.|
Performance, innovation and customer service are at the core of what we do. Over the years Heart Internet collected dozens of accolades from recognised bodies, including the prestigious ISPA Best Shared Hosting Award, the Micromart Editor’s Choice Award, and they are a three-time consecutive winner of UK’s Best Web Host in the PC Pro Excellence Awards.
Their price is a bargain for the quality services offered. Heart Internet has hosted some of the most popular websites in the world and this shows the amount of trust people have in their services.
Heart Internet Review
Heart Internet is an affordable web hosting company considering that their packages start at only £2.66/mo. Their primary advantage in the business is their pricing.
All Web hosting companies basically sell the same thing – a server for your weblogs – and each host offer different plans with different caps, bonuses, and prices. For most, figuring out their true value requires a breakdown of the web hosting packages offered.
Comparing “apples to apples” among hosting companies, it is advisable to break things down into Core hosting and Bonus hosting features.
The Core hosting features are the “3 D’s” – domains, databases and disk space. The core purpose of a hosting server is to serve website files when someone types in your domain name.
- Domains are the number of domain names you can point to your hosting account. If you want multiple websites, you’ll want to have multiple domains allowed. You’ll also need to look at email addresses per domain – sometimes those are capped as well.
- Databases are the number of website software you can run on your hosting server. A WordPress install for instance will require one database. If you have any apps, forum software, ... etc – you’ll need more.
- Disk space is the number of web files you can put on your server – images, text, videos, ebooks, etc.
- Bonus hosting features could include anything from website builder software to advertising credits to backend software,... you name it.
When you break it down, you can at least compare apples to apples and get a sense of value based on what you need verses what is offered by a web hosting provider.
Here we review Heart Internet hosting packages and their pricing dynamics to help you get just want you want:
You have to accept the fact that almost every host will sell you some additional items at checkout. Most of them if not all are usually things you can buy later-on as your site grows so normally there is no pressure to purchase them immediately if you do not have the funds in your budget. However some are normally important like backups and SSL certificates, so if they don't come FREE it is important to add them.
When it comes to pricing just like any other web hosting service, if you want to save you need to subscribe for longer periods.
Heart Internet Review: Shared Hosting
If you are a first-time website owner or an experienced programmer who just looks to get this project up and running, then Heart Internet shared hosting is the solution for you. Their top rated hosting services, resources, and support guarantees you a successful launch. And that's precisely why someone would want to buy a shared web hosting plan compared to a VPS server which is normally the better option. Below are some things to bank on with a Heart Internet shared hosting account:
- 1 FREE DOMAIN
- 24/7/365 Support
- 99.99% Uptime guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Shopping carts/eCommerce support
- CMSs like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla ... etc
- Security tools like SSL Certificates
- Hundreds of free web templates and site buiding tools
- 30 days money-back guarantee among others. Meaning you can cancel your order within 30 days and get a refund should you not like their service.
Heart Internet Shared hosting has only three plans ("Starter Pro", "Home Pro" and "Business Pro") with terms running upto 12 months or billed monthly which is pretty much direct and helps one to save big since renewal prices are normally higher in over 97% of web hosting providers' plans.
The three plans come with lower intro pricing and the "Business Pro" is a higher plan best suited for already established sites with traffic that need to transfer to Heart Internet.
NOTE: The prices show a special discount for the lowest plan today
|Money Back Guarantee
|Files Disk Space
Heart Internet vs iPage, WebHostingPad & BlueHost
How does Heart Internet compare to other affordable hosts. The likes of iPage, WebHostingPad, and BlueHost ? The table below gives you a brief comparison of the key hosting features from each company:
Heart Internet Review: VPS Hosting
VPS is the heart of web hosting and Heart Internet offers affordable VPS Hosting with cPanel support. VPS Servers are perfect for literally every website.
Heart Internet has a well managed support team to assist you with installation and other issues related to essentials like MySQL databases, Apache, Webmails, ... anything you may need relating to your site's hosting needs.
Besides their offers above, here are some other notables in their VPS hosting:
- Fully managed support
- Predictable monthly costs without overage charges
- Guaranteed 99.99% uptime – Heart Internet service level agreement promises you compensation for 0.01% downtime.
- Choice of OS & control panel - Heart Internet VPS offers you the flexibility to work in the way that best suits you. You choose the OS and control panels of your choice, including Plesk and cPanel.
- 100Mbps connection – Heart Internet VPS boasts a 100MB/s connection with unlimited, unshaped bandwidth.
- RAID 10 mirroring – Heart Internet servers use multiple hard drives that are configured into a RAID 10 array. If one disk goes down, the others are right there to keep your server online.
- Snapshot Backups – Snapshot Backups give you a full image backup of your server, and you can either schedule it monthly or weekly, or have a backup created on demand.
- Superfast provisioning & scaling – Waiting time is wasted time, so Heart Internet gets your server provisioned as soon as possible so that you can start using it straight away.
- Full root access – You have full root access, allowing you complete control of your server and the ability to install any scripts or software you want.
- Free IP address – Every Virtual Private Server includes one IP address, giving you a direct connection to the Internet.
- KVM virtualisation – Heart Internet KVM hypervisor integrates fully into the server’s operating system, ensuring that each virtual server uses the hardware to its maximum potential.
- Load Balancers – Heart Internet load balancers create a perfectly balanced network between your VPS, ensuring the highest level of performance, even for the most popular websites.
- Unlimited bandwidth – Heart Internet network infrastructure provides you with all the bandwidth you need on your 100Mbit connection, no matter how popular your server is.
- Recovery tools included – Heart Internet range of recovery tools means you’re fully protected against any issues with your VPS. You’ll have full SSH and VNC access even when your VPS is inaccessible, access to your VPS file system should your machine be unable to boot and snapshot or mounted storage backups so that your data is protected should you need to restore.
- Network security – They watch their network 24 hours a day for any potential threats or denial-of-service attacks, and respond to any potential threats quickly and thoroughly.
- Out-of-band access – Even if your server is not accessible to the outside world, they offer out-of-band access so that you can get in and work on your server no matter what.
- FTP backup space – Additional backup space is available, letting you store your files in a remote location away from your server, giving you additional security for your files.
- 1 Core upto 8 Core CPU power
- From 25 GB upto 200 GB Storage
- From 1 GB upto 16 GB RAM
NOTE: The prices show a special discount deal today for the lowest package
Upto 16 GB
Heart Internet Review: Dedicated Hosting
There are lots of reasons one may need a dedicated server. Mainly it may be because you’ve outgrown your previous host or know you have larger-than-average needs like for instance an eCommerce store or a rapidly growing site with large traffic. If that sounds like you, Heart Internet is the place to be without breaking the bank.
Heart Internet dedicated servers are built on in-house cloud technology, thus ensuring a fast and flexible dedicated server with instant setup and seamless migrations.
Otherwise if you are not sure if you need a dedicated server, you better go for a VPS server then you can upgrade in future to a dedicated web hosting plan.
Heart Internet doesn’t charge additional fees if you go over your plan, because they too get it that no one wants to be punished for getting popular.
Their dedicated hosting is fully managed. That means you get support with the little techy stuff like configuring MySQL databases, Apache, Email, DNS, ... you name it. You do not need to hire anyone to do these things.
- Fully managed support: As a Dedicated customer, enjoy direct support from specialists who know Heart Internet most powerful servers best. Call the exclusive support line anytime, 24/7
0330 660 0255
- Extreme Speed: Each server is custom built in-house by their engineers using only the latest technology. Their use of open source technology, like OpenStack, gives us the flexibility to upgrade performance over time.
- Instant Provisioning: Whereas most dedicated solutions take hours or days to activate, Heart Internet technology allows provisioning of dedicated servers immediately. Your server is standing by so it's ready for you the second you need it.
- RAID Storage: Heart Internet uses only high quality storage with RAID level 1 support on their dedicated servers. Your drives are completely mirrored, ensuring your data is extremely well protected. This feature is not found on most dedicated solutions.
- Storage Upgrades: Add hosting storage on the fly as you need it. With the enhanced eXtend or cPanel you can increase available storage space in real time without requiring admin intervention.
- Root Access: For advanced users, Heart Internet offers improved control panel with optional root access, giving you full control of your server.
- Predictable monthly costs without overage charges
- Easy management with Plesk or cPanel
- 99.99% uptime SLA
- Upto 4TB SATA RAID Storage
- 1Gbit/s Bandwidth/Transfer
- Upto 128 GB RAM
NOTE: The prices show a special discount deal today for the lowest package
4TB SATA RAID
Heart Internet Review: Reseller Hosting
Heart Internet does provide a truely unlimited reseller hosting that comes with;
- Discounts on Heart Internet products: Reseller Pro customers get exclusive discounts on Heart Internet products, either to help them with their own business or to sell on to their customers. You have the freedom to set your own prices and make a profit while also giving your customers the features they want.
- Reseller API: Add real-time registration and sales to your e-commerce platform. Set up and delete hosting packages and manage your customer experience with features like auto-authentication for their logins. Browse the detailed documentation, XML interface and code examples.
- Highly customisable e-commerce solution: Built by Heart Internet experts, HostPay is designed for selling web services and will help you sell and manage thousands of accounts and domains with minimal effort. Offer a range of payment methods and even take your business global with multiple locations, tax rates and currencies.
- Grow & keep customers for life: Heart Internet listens to their customers and have a strong track for adding new features – over 3,000 so far. This continuous improvement helps you add new revenue streams and build long-term relationships with your customers. Examples include a growing list of optimised free one-click apps and advanced domain search tools.
- Reseller Control Panel: Created by their in-house development experts, their Control Panel makes it easy to manage your Reseller Pro account, regardless of how many services you sell or customers you have.
- Give your customers the services they want: Create packages for your customers to buy and then customise every detail – from the number of email accounts and databases to the one-click apps you want to offer them.
- Access detailed reports and statistics: Your Reseller Control Panel gives you vital reporting information to analyse and improve your business. Monitor disk usage, customer accounts, bandwidth stats and much more.
- Simple to Use: It’s so intuitive that managing customers is a breeze, even if you’ve never been a reseller before. It’s stacked with practical everyday tools - like detailed reporting to help you maintain accounts - and timesaving extras - such as product demos and automated emails for your clients.
- How many websites can I host? As part of the monthly or annual price, your Reseller Pro package can have up to 250 sites. If you have more than 250, you will be charged per additional site on top of the monthly price. From 250 to 500 sites, it will be 15p per site; from 501 to 1000 sites, it will be 14p per site; from 1000 to 2000 sites, it will be 12p per site; and over 2000 sites, it will be 10p per site. You will be charged by the number of packages on your Reseller Pro account at the start of the monthly billing period.
- Do I have to build my own online store to sell sites? No, Heart Internet has a built-in hosting sales system called HostPay. With HostPay, you can set up and sell hosting packages, add-ons, and domain names automatically. You can also use WHMCS to sell.
- Can I give my customers their own access? Each hosting package can be set up with its own login and password for FTP or control panel access. It’s entirely up to you how much access you want to give your customers.
- Can I set limits on my customers? Of course. You can set limits on bandwidth, web space, number of databases, or number of email addresses. You can also choose which one-click installers and other control panel features your customers will have access to.
NOTE: The prices show a special discount today
Heart Internet Pros
Here are some of the pros of Heart Internet web hosting service:
- You get a free domain name for a year included with your purchase.
- Affordable hosting plan: for only £2.66/mo monthly, you will get a hosting plan that includes all the necessary features that is needed to start and run a successful small website.
- Drag & Drop site builder: this tool is perfect for newbies, who are looking to build a website, but have no experience though. The site builder allows you to quickly create a custom webpage, publish content, upload images, create slideshows and galleries, create a contact form and publish it online, without the need of writing a single line of code.
- The security features on Heart Internet are just excellent.
- Guaranteed customer satisfaction: with the 30-Day money back guarantee offered by Heart Internet, you have enough time to test and have a good view on their service and support. Please note that domain price will be deducted from the amount of refund. Check Heart Internet’s terms to see how how the refund works.
- Free marketing credits: each new hosting plan includes $100 Google Adwords credits and $100 Yahoo/Bing network advertising credits, that you can spend driving traffic to your newly created website. This will be a good boost for building up your brand and make your first sales.
- The enhanced eXtend Control Panel is really easy to use and offers fast access to features.
- Numerous databases available, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, CGI-BIN, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, and much more.
- Tons of free website scripts are available, including social networking scripts, blog support, mailing lists, message forums, Joomla and Drupal and Tikiwiki.
- Most customers report that Heart Internet is fast. Integrate with CloudFlare, and you’ll get even better performance.
Heart Internet Cons
Support: sometimes their support may take time to respond posssibly because of busy lines but they somehow do a good job with an average response time of 1 minute.
Installing Your Favorite CMS to Heart Internet
Heart Internet’s Quick Install tool enables you to automatically install your favorite software to your domain. This tab contain the most used content management, blogging and eCommerce platforms (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete 5, Magento eCommerce, OS Ticket, phpBB Forum, B2Evolution blog, PrestaShop eCommerce). If you prefer other software, just click the QuickInstall icon in the control panel and you will be able to choose from hundreds of software including Moodle, ZenCart, Sugar CRM, Modx, Nucleus, Typo 3, Xoops, MediaWiki, and many others.
This tool will help you to install the latest version of many software with just few clicks. It will save you time and effort, because you don’t need to manually create the database and upload the files to your server, everything will be done automatically.
Is Heart Internet good for WordPress Hosting?
Are they actually good for WordPress hosting? From our tests, it resulted that Heart Internet is a good hosting service for WordPress sites. It is obvious that they offer managed WordPress service, and the shared hosting plan is not for high traffic websites. Smaller, medium to large sites built with WordPress receiving lots of visitors daily will have a very good performance with Heart Internet.
What are the advantages of WordPress hosting over shared?
Unlike shared hosting, WordPress hosting server environment is normally designed specifically with WordPress in mind. This means you can enjoy faster page load times (up to 1 second faster), a higher level of protection against WordPress-specific attacks, and automatic WordPress updates. A safer, faster site makes everyone happy!
What Control Panel Platform Does Heart Internet Use?
Your hosting account is managed through customized eXtend control panel. After your first login into your Heart Internet hosting account, you can choose eXtend to manage your websites, emails etc. customized by Heart Internet.
Nearly a quarter of all shared hosting websites in the UK use the powerful eXtend Control Panel. Developed by Heart Internet in-house team, it’s easy to use and offers a wealth of features. Organise your site files, check your email, manage your email accounts, set up one-click apps, utilise advanced web hosting tools and much more, all from one convenient place.
How to use Heart Internet’s Website Builder?
When you access your Heart Internet account for the first time, on the main screen you will be asked to choose between cPanel hosting or Website Builder. If you want to install WordPress or other CMS to your site, you will need to choose cPanel, however if you choose to create your site using the drag and drop site builder tool, you will have to select the Website Builder.
Once you have selected the Site Builder, choose the domain you want to build the site on and click to proceed. Choose a template that you like and fits your website category and start editing. Upload images easily, add text, create pages, insert image galleries, buttons, headings, navigation and more. The process is very simple, no programming is required to create the layout you want, just simply drag and drop the necessary elements to your template.
Heart Internet: eXtend or Website Builder?
Because we have received few emails from our readers regarding this question, we decided to add some extra information to this review. As stated before, Heart Internet offers multiple ways to build your website.
One of their option is the drag-and-drop website builder. This option is ideal for those users who are starting out with their first website. This tool does not require any skills of programming or web design. You can choose a template from the thousands of designs and adjust it to your personal needs. When you are done with the editing, with a press of a button you can publish the website to your domain. If want to modify your site, you can return anytime to the builder and make the necessary modifications. It is very simple to use.
Another option to create your website at Heart Internet is to use WordPress, or other similar content management system. As mentioned before, WordPress is also a very simple and easy to use software. With WordPress you can build more complex websites and expand them in the future. The website builder is limited compared to WordPress.
So which should you choose? If want to quickly set up a nice looking website and don’t really want to further develop it, you should choose the Website Builder, otherwise you should go with eXtend.
Does Heart Internet Offer Free Webmail Access?
Heart Internet is a well-known hosting company that offers various services from domain registration through web hosting service to email hosting.
Often we run into the same question, so we wanted to clarify this. We have been asked if Heart Internet offers webmail access. In short, Yes! Heart Internet does offer access to webmail through their platform.
What is Webmail and Why Should You Use It?
Heart Internet hosting services offer lots of features to its clients, including webmail access. The Webmail is a web-based email solution, which allows the user to access email account through a web browser.
In most of the cases people choose to send and receive emails using an email client such as Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, Opera Mail or other. But setting up an email account with your favorite email client is normally a long and tedious task. For instance, if you are using multiple devices for work and want to have access to your email on each device, you will need to install the email client and setup email on each and every device. The webmail application just saves you from all the hassle, and grants you access instantly to your emails.
With Heart Internet webmail you will be able to perform the same tasks like with any email client. The only difference is that you will be able to read and write email from your web browser. You will also have to remember your email address and password in order to login from FireFox, Chrome, Opera or your favorite browser.
So if you want to have access to your emails on the go, a webmail is definitely a good solution to read and send emails securely.
The main advantages of using WebHostingHub webmail are:
- A more personal image: the WebMail allows you to have an email address using your domain name. Stand out from the Gmail and Yahoo crowd by giving yourself a unique, memorable email address at your own personal domain. For example, John@JohnDoe.com.
- Protect your information: WebMail protects your credit card information, social security number, address, and other private information from falling into the wrong hands. Its advanced filter protects your identity from hackers, potentially saving you thousands.
- No invasion of privacy: Free email providers like Gmail and Yahoo scan every word of every email that you send and receive, then they sell that information to advertisers. Have peace of mind knowing that your emails stay yours, and yours alone.
- No phishing or spoofing: Free email accounts are targeted daily by hackers who try to trick you into giving up your most sensitive information. Heart Internet WebMail blocks these threats to stop them from ever appearing, leaving you with an inbox of only the email you want to see.
Available Webmail Clients at Heart Internet
When you first access Heart Internet webmail application, you will be asked to choose a webmail client. You can choose from Roundcube, Horde or SquirelMail. Amazingly, you can choose a different webmail client every time you login to your account, or you can opt for the autoload function if you already have a favorite.
- Roundcube: is the most popular webmail client used by Heart Internet clients and has the same look and feel as any other email application. You can import and manage address book and can organize folders too. Writing emails is also simple with the rich text html composer and spell checker.
- Horde: is the complete solution for managing emails, calendars, notes and tasks. Its main feature is however the collaboration App which enables you to share calendars, notes and tasks with your colleges, who certainly have to use Horde also.
- SquirelMail: is the simplest webmail client you will find out there. Unlike Roundcube or Horde, this email client has fewer features. Comes with a user-friendly interface and offers more customization options than the other two.
IMAP or POP3 – Which Protocol Should You Choose?
Using webmails is a great option for accessing your emails from anywhere; however you might also want to have an email client on your main computer, which you use most for your work. And if you want to setup your email to Thunderbird or other email client, you will need to choose a protocol.
When you send an email, the message will be stored on an email server. You can setup up the email application to retrieve email from the email servers using two different protocols: POP3 or IMAP. This causes much confusion among users, mainly because they can’t decide which protocol to use.
- IMAP: this setting allows you to access your email on multiple devices. Multiple users can also access the same email account. Meaning if someone reads, replys, forwards, deletes or manages your emails, the changes will be saved to the email server and will by synced with all email clients that are connected to such an account via IMAP.
- POP3: this configuration allows you to access your email on only one device. Most email clients that are setup with POP3 will delete messages from the server, and will only be stored on the device where your email client is installed. You should not use this protocol if you want to have a saved copy on the email server, where you can access your emails whenever you need it.
Potential Problems with Email Client or Webmail
Heart Internet is a reliable hosting provider and most of the time everything works perfectly. However, due to technicalities you mat not be able to send or receive emails from both your email client and webmail. This may be caused by several factors like:
- Maximum Email Numbers per Hour: by default, Heart Internet limits each customer to send a maximum 150 emails per hour. In a day-by-day situation, when sending out business emails, this number won’t be a problem. But if you send out an email to your email list, that contains more than 150 recipients, you will get notified by the system, that you exceeded the maximum amount of emails. If you have more than 150 email subscribers, you can split it in multiple lists, and schedule the emails to different hours. Forwarders can also cause similar problem. So always check these two before contacting support. If you would like to increase the number of emails you can send per hour, you should contact support and give them details why you need a cap increase.
- Email Can’t Be Delivered: there could be multiple reasons why you will get this error message when trying to send an email. Either your web space is possibly full, and can’t save the email to the email server, or the email address you are trying to send does not exists. For the latter, the email will bounce back as undelivered.
- Email Server is Down: due to technical problems sent emails can queued up on Heart Internet’s mail proxy server. In this case you should wait couple of hours for the email to be sent out, before you try re-sending.
All in all, Heart Internet offers feature-rich services when it comes to webmails. Their webmail application will make it easy for everyone to access and manage their emails from anywhere in a securely manner. If you are looking for a reliable hosting that offers an easy to use webmail App, Heart Internet should obviously be on top of your list.
Heart Internet Domain Transfer and Privacy
If you want to transfer your domain to Heart Internet you should get in touch with the support, because they have to initiate the domain transfer for you. If you want to move your domain out from Heart Internet, first you should find another hosting provider or domain registrar to move the domain to. You will need the domain to be unlocked and to get the EPP key, which can be obtained only from Heart Internet’s billing department.
If you want to hide your personal information on your domain whois, it is a good idea to purchase domain privacy. You can find this service in your Heart Internet control panel.
Heart Internet Security Features
Security is an area where Heart Internet excels. You get three layers of anti-spam protection in the form of Spam Experts, Spam Hammer, and Apache Spam Assassin. You get protection for your inbox as well; it is easy to set up filters. Your directories are all password-protected.
If you need to block access to your site, you have the option to blacklist IP addresses. Another top-notch feature is secure shell (SSH) access. This allows you to access configuration files individually and securely.
Heart Internet also offers single-click integration with CloudFlare, which provides even more excellent security features and speeds up your site! CloudFlare is particularly good for thwarting DDOS attacks.
What Payment Methods does Heart Internet Accept?
You can buy Heart Internet hosting plans using a credit or debit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express). ** Credit/Debit card payments are preferred. You can also make payments with PayPal. Some electronic cards may also work, but prepaid and gift cards are not accepted. At the time of writing Heart Internet does not accept payments in cash, bank wire transfer, Moneybookers (Skrill), Webmoney, AlerPay, Bitcoin and/or other similar payment methods also miss as payment options.
Who is Heart Internet Best For?
- Customers who are looking for a reliable web host with a strong reputation. Heart Internet is one of the oldest names in the business and has established trust.
- Owners of both large and small businesses. Heart Internet is fine if you are on a budget compared to other costly high-end hosting services out there.
Is Heart Internet Eco-Friendly?
Heart Internet servers are powered by wind energy making them eco-friendly. For those of you who like to conserve our environment, Heart Internet has you covered.
Heart Internet Support
The Heart Internet customer support is World-class and well committed to supporting every client at every step of their needs. They offer hand-ons approach in technical assistance especially in the web creation and maintenance areas.
They can be contacted 24/7 via Phone, Live Chat, Twitter, and Email Ticket system. Their response time is usually less than a minute via chat.